Wisconsin Professional Police Association
Welcome to your UIU benefits page.
UIU’s programs allow for students to continue their educational endeavors through our flexible course options.
Multiple associate, bachelor, and master’s degree programs to pursue your educational goals
Ready to Apply?
Fill out an application to Upper Iowa University. It’s free and takes only about 15 minutes.
UIU’s unique Two-at-a-Time course schedule helps you zero in on your studies during each 8-week session.
First-time, transfer, online, international and military students: No matter your path or previous experience, we’ll help you every step of the way.
Student Support Services
Take advantage of the student support services and resources available.
UIU Undergraduate Programs
UIU offers a wide range of associate and bachelor’s degrees, as well as certificate programs—all in variety of learning experiences.
UIU Graduate Programs
UIU offers six flexible master’s degrees, as well as several graduate and post-graduate certificate programs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The free application can be found online at https://uiu.edu/apply or by requesting a paper application to be submitted through mail.
Once you fill out your application, you can start requesting all official transcripts. For transcripts to be official, they must come directly from the institution attended to Upper Iowa University PO Box 1857, Fayette, IA 52142 or E-script to [email protected] . Each institution is different so you will need to contact the school you attended to obtain information on how to order them. We will need all official transcripts in order to review your file for acceptance to the university.
UIU wants to ensure that WPPA members and their families have a smooth enrollment process when the decision is made to apply and register for UIU courses. Please allow this guide to assist along the way.
- When exploring all that UIU has to offer, please check out the stand-alone WPPA Landing Page.
- From there, one can find educational programs of study, the free application link, and helpful admissions information to assist in decision making.
- It is important to make sure one explores ALL options to pay for schooling. To assist with that, please visit the UIU financial aid section.
- When filling out an application for UIU: in the “EMPLOYER” section, simply enter “WPPA” as your employer. There is no need to identify your agency. This will let our admissions team know that the student is under our Corporate Advantage Partnership [CAP] so that we can better assist along the way.
- An Academic and Admissions Advisor will be assigned to the student upon receipt of your application. Wisconsin has several UIU Centers around the state. These center advisors will reach out to the student to help walk through the process from application through registration.
Acceptance / Registration Phase
- Once the student has submitted everything needed for a decision, UIU will review all documents. For a listing of documents needed, please view the “Required Documents for All Online Students” section on our Online admissions page.
- It does not take very long for a response. If everything is in order, UIU will let the student know that they have been accepted into the university. Congratulations will be in order!
- Once accepted, the Admissions and Academic Advisor will assist the student with academic advising, registration of classes, and provide tools and resources for your success.
Tuition Payments and Fees are due to UIU
- Tuition and related course fees are due to UIU at the time of registration.
- The WPPA CAP agreement applies to all courses: Associates, Bachelors, and Masters degrees and can be used in conjunction with employer reimbursement, financial aid, external scholarships and other external grants that the student may acquire.
- UIU will need to verify WPPA membership (either by ID Card or through the WPPA office). Please see the “Verification of WPPA Membership for UIU CAP” attachment to this guide for more details on this process.
Books, New Student Orientation, ETC
- While working on registration and payment installations, the student will receive information on new student orientation, ordering books, and an invitation to the UIULearn (the university online learning platform) demonstration. We do this to ensure student success prior to the start of each session.
- The Admissions and Academic Advisor will work with you every step of the way to make sure you have everything you need to have a great start to your educational pursuits. UIU takes the time so that our students feel more at ease with starting their coursework.
We hope this brief Informational Student Guide assists the WPPA membership as they look further into an educational experience with UIU. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns. Good luck and remember, at UIU, it truly is an “Education Built for Life.”
Verification of WPPA Membership for UIU CAP
The WPPA Member, Spouse, or Dependent Children (up to 26 years old) can present verification in two ways when setting up their financial account with UIU after registration for courses:
- Photocopy of the ID Card of the affected WPPA Member. For this option, the student associated with the member can email a picture of the WPPA ID Card.
- Adobe Form on WPPA Website to be filled out by member. For this option, the WPPA member fills out a CAP form on the WPPA website. The WPPA Office will then verify membership.
For either option, WPPA verification will come to UIU sent to this address: [email protected]
- The WPPA CAP agreement cannot fund SELF-PACED programs (only online and face-to-face in some centers).
- The WPPA CAP agreement cannot be used for the Masters of Education program either due to the decreased tuition rate of that specific program.
- Please reach out to the WPPA CAP Point of Contact at: [email protected] for any specific questions regarding the CAP agreement.