Direct Payment Partner
Take advantage of the benefits available through the UIU/Guild partnership
Majors available fully online to complete your degree
Grant amount off each course to maximize your tuition reimbursement benefits
Sessions start – get started today, without having to wait
Guild’s benefits include:
- Tuition grant of $200 per course taken at UIU that are two credits or more.
- Associates, spouses and children (up to age 26) are also eligible for this grant.
- UIU offers a delayed payment option for each course. This allows you to start taking your courses with minimum out-of-pocket expenses, like purchasing or renting your textbook. Submit your scholarship letter to your UIU advisor with each registration.
- Courses are offered in five 8-week sessions and one 6-week summer session each year. Each UIU course can be completed in half the time of a typical 16-week semester.
THE UIU DIFFERENCE:
- Flexibility: Students can use any combination of classroom or online courses to create a schedule that fits into their busy schedule.
- Reliability: UIU is a private, nonprofit university founded in 1857. We are accredited through the Higher Learning Commission.
- Convenience: Our unique course schedule allows students to focus on one to three classes at a time while still allowing them to move through their educational requirements quickly.
- Advising: Each employee is assigned an advisor who will work with them closely from enrollment to completion of coursework. Advisors are easily accessible via phone and email.
- Student Support: UIU also offers students a wide range of student support resources, including online library services, online tutoring, career services, accessibility services and financial aid for degree-seeking students.
- Transferability: Students can transfer up to 78 credits from an accredited two-year college and up to 90 credits from four-year institutions towards their pursuit of a bachelor’s degree. Students can transfer up to 12 credits towards their master’s degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your first step is to submit your free application.
If you are looking at becoming degree seeking, we will need all official college transcripts sent to Upper Iowa University. To be considered “Official”, they must not pass through your hands. If you are looking at non-degree seeking, we do not need your transcripts.
They can be sent to:
Upper Iowa University
PO Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142
Students receive a sponsorship letter by submitting a sponsorship application through their Guild account. After Guild confirms their eligibility, they will receive a letter that includes a FERPA waiver and tuition coverage info that they will submit to UIU.
Your grade and invoice are both in myUIU.
- After logging in, click on the Finances tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to My Account Info
- Click on Course and Fee Statement
- Select Generate my Course and Fee Statement
- After logging in, click on the Academics tab at the top of the page.
- Go to Student on the left side – click on the drop down
- Click on My Grade Report
- Select Center/Online Session (select the Session you finished)
- Click on View Final Grade Report
Your out of pocket expenses are dependent on your employer’s policy and available funding amounts.
Your tuition payment is delayed 60 days with the submission of the sponsorship letter through Guild.
We have five, eight-week sessions, and one six-week session. Check out our schedule for the list of each start date!
Experience UIU’s online classroom
Password (case sensitive): uiuLearn
UIU Information Technology Services
UIU Logins and IT Helpdesk
Visit here to order your course materials
Student Academic Resources
Get the support you need for successful studies through tutoring or accommodations for accessibility.
The Henderson-Wilder Library supports UIU students by providing a full range of information resources and services that encourage learning, study, research, and collaboration.