Liberal Arts - Associate of Arts
The purpose of the Liberal Arts Associate of Arts degree is to prepare the student with a broad general education foundation coupled with courses of specific interest for personal, professional or educational growth. It prepares the student for continued study towards a baccalaureate degree.
To receive an associate of arts degree, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester credits. (UIU courses numbered below 100 will not count toward the 60 credits)
- Meet the general education requirements.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00.
- Complete a minimum of 15 semester credits from Upper Iowa University. 5. Complete 12 of the last 15 semester credits required for graduation from Upper Iowa University.
Associate of Arts degree in Liberal Arts is offered at the following Upper Iowa University locations:
- Residential Fayette campus
- Select education centers
- Online Program
- Self-Paced Program
- Select international centers