The UIU Advantage
Upper Iowa University offers a variety of certificate programs designed to provide students an additional method to learn new skills in a specific area. A certificate is composed of 15 graduate credits. Students are required to earn at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA in the required certification course work.
Public Management Curriculum
- PA 500 Writing for Public Administrators
Plus Select Four of the Following:
- PA 505 Organizational Behavior
- PA 509 Theories of Leadership
- PA 532 Human Resources Management in Public Organizations
- PA 544 Productivity Improvement in Government
- PA 545 Labor Relations and Conflict Resolution in the Public Sector
- PA 548 Advanced Issues in Public Management
Explore Your Program
Public Management Courses
See course descriptions for the classes you need for your Public Management graduate certificate.
Keep up with your academic program’s registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
A Certificate with Options
Use your certificate to enhance your career or as a head start towards a master’s degree. 94% of UIU graduates are employed or continuing their education within 6 months of graduation.
Ready to get started on your UIU Public Management graduate certificate? We’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Go Further with a Master's Degree
Earned your certificate? Choose from UIU’s master’s degrees to advance your career even further.