NOTE: UIU is no longer accepting new students into this minor.
The forensic science minor is intended for persons in fields for whom a basic knowledge of forensic techniques and the science on which they are based would be beneficial.
Choosing a minor field of study is optional. A minimum of 15 semester hours of separate identifiable semester credits must be earned for each minor that is declared. The same course may not be used in a major and a minor or among multiple minors unless the course is a required course (not part of a “select” area) in both the major and the minor or among multiple minors.
- CHEM 102 Introduction to Forensic Science (3 credits)
- CHEM 103 Introduction to Forensic Science Laboratory (1 credit)
- CJ 362 Criminal Investigations (3 credits)
- CJ 367 Ethics in Criminal Justice (3 credits)
- Any other CHEM or BIO courses from the Forensic Science major core or elective lists (14-16 credits), but no more than 8 credits may be taken at the 100-level.
Build Your Program
See course descriptions for your minor.
Keep up with registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
Learn about the resources available in Career Development.
Ready For More?
Request more info now.
Request Information Today
We’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Academic Support Services
Providing resources to support you through your classes.