UIU ALERT: UIU-Fort Leavenworth administrative office is closed Tuesday, June 25. Please call Fort Riley office.
Honors Program: Syllabi of Current and Past Courses
- Fall I—Honors First-Year Seminar (HON 100)
- Fall 2012, Co-taught by Dr. Eric Eller, Associate Professor of International Business, and Dr. Katrina Farren-Eller, Assistant Professor of English Fall 2014, Christopher A. Kragnes, Sr., J.D., M.B.A., Associate Professor of Business
- Fall II—Honors Arts & Humanities (HON 110)
- Fall 2012, Co-taught by Dr. John Grummel, Assistant Professor of Political Science, and Dr. Roland Vazquez, Associate Professor of Anthropology Fall 2013, Co-taught by Dr. Doug McReynolds, Bissell Professor of English, and Dr. Sarahh Scher, Assistant Professor of Art
- Spring I—Honors Behavioral Science (HON 120)
- Spring 2013, Co-taught by Dr. Sarahh Scher, Assistant Professor of Art History, and Dr. Steffanie Scholze, Assistant Professor of Psychology Spring 2017, Tiffany Kragnes, J.D., M.P.A., Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
- Spring II—Honors Natural Science (HON 130)
- Spring 2013, Co-taught by Dr. Jeff Butikofer, Associate Professor of Environmental Science, and Dr. Rick Klann, Professor of Biology Spring 2018, Co-taught by Dr. Barbara Ehlers, Associate Professor of Education, and Dr. Katherine McCarville, Associate Professor Geosciences
- Complete general education requirements.
- Fall - Honors Cultures (HON 200)
- Fall 2017, Dr. Matt Foy, Assistant Professor of Education
- Spring - Honors Sophomore Seminar (HON 220)
- Spring 2018, Co-taught by Dr. Stephen Weiss, Associate Professor of Psychology, and Dr. John Grummel, Associate Professor of Political Science
- One optional, elective, service learning travel course during May term
Junior and Senior Years
- Working on a interdisciplinary project under the guidance of an adviser in the student's home department or another discipline. culminating in a Senior Symposium presentation of the completed project to the UIU community.