Certificate in Teacher Leadership
The recognition of the importance of teacher leadership is growing dramatically in Iowa and across the nation. UIU has addressed that need with its M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership. However, the vast majority of teachers being tapped for leadership roles already have a master’s degree so the M.Ed. is not appealing to them even if the coursework is. UIU has developed a Teacher Leadership certificate designed to serve this significant group of teacher leaders.
The teacher leadership certificate incorporates the key areas that teachers are being called upon to provide leadership: peer coaching, best practices, curriculum design, professional learning communities and diversity. These courses are offered online and face to face.
Teacher Leadership requirements
- EDU 516 Best Practices: Research-based Teaching Strategies
- EDU 532 Professional Learning Communities
- EDU 534 Instructional Coaching
- EDU 531 Teaching and Working in a Multicultural Setting
- EDU 536 Classroom Curriculum Design
The Certificate in Teacher Leadership is offered at the following Upper Iowa University location:
- Online Program