Flexibility to Fit Your Life
Upper Iowa University’s RN-BSN program has been designed by experienced healthcare educators to be flexible enough to fit any lifestyle and any schedule.
Students are able to choose between a hybrid model (classroom and online) or an all online model.
- For those students choosing the hybrid model, we've created a perfect mix of coursework on campus and in an online format.
- You benefit from the chance to form close relationships with your fellow students and with faculty in courses that meet in small groups on campus.
- You also have the convenience of online learning.
- For those students choosing the online model, you have greater control of when you engage in the classroom and the time of day you study. All students are expected to participate throughout the week and actively engage in the learning process.
- Faculty guides you through the process, but you are responsible for your own style of learning.
- You are afforded the opportunity to complete your work wherever you happen to be.
Full-time or half-time — the choice is yours.
- If you enroll as a full-time student (taking two courses per eight-week term), you will complete the nursing major in one year.
- If you enroll half-time (taking just one course per eight-week term) you'll complete the nursing major in two years.
- Half-time or full-time, if you choose the hybrid modality, you will only be required to be on campus 4 times each term. If you are taking two NUR prefix courses, they'll meet on the same day of the week.
- Completion of degree requirements may require additional time. Students who need to take elective classes can take them before, during or after the nursing curriculum.
- Due to unexpected life events, students may find they need to stop out for a term or two. Faculty will work with students to adjust their degree plan. If a student should stop out for longer than one year, they will need to resubmit their health and background information, now done through CastleBranch.com.