UIU ALERT: Wednesday, Jan. 23 - The Cedar Rapids and Quad Cities Centers will open at 11 a.m. The Milwaukee Center will open at Noon. The Fort Riley Center is closed, and classes are canceled.
The UIU nursing program requires the successful completion of 12 courses (35 credit hours). The BSN degree requires the successful completion of a total of 120 semester hours, including transfer credit and credit for coursework completed at UIU.
- MATH 220 Elementary Statistics**
- NUR 305 Professional Communication for Nurses
- NUR 315 Professional Nursing Practice
- NUR 325 Integrated Concepts of Nursing Care l
- NUR 335 Integrated Concepts of Nursing Care ll
- NUR 400 Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing
- NUR 340 Community Health Nursing (38 hours of project-based practicum)
- NUR 420 Nursing Leadership and Management
- NUR 450 Nursing Concepts Capstone l (38 hours of project-based practicum)
- NUR 455 Nursing Concepts Capstone ll (38 hours of project-based practicum)
**MATH 220 Faculty assume you are prepared to take college level math.
After a math assessment, we may recommend or require additional preparatory math before beginning MATH 220.
Two nursing electives are required. Your elective choices include:
- NUR 352 Exploring Transcultural Nursing (includes travel abroad experience)
- NUR 430 History of Nursing
- NUR 432 Honoring Self-Care: Balancing Mind, Body, and Spirit
- NUR 434 Introduction to Global Health
- NUR 436 Understanding Nursing Theory
- NUR 438 Our Image: The Image of Nursing
- NUR 440 Service Learning
- NUR 442 Understanding Health Care Policy
To view the curriculum plans, please click on the links below:
The Online Center offers start dates in Term 1 Fall, Term 3 January, and Term 5 May:
CEP programs have a unique, blended curriculum plan. Please refer to specific partner locations for current plans.