The UIU South Village residence halls opened in November 2012, offering a variety of suite configurations for students to live singly or together, along with kitchen access and common space.
About 90 students are housed in each building, estimated to cost about $8 million each.
Foundations for South Village 2 and 3 were completed in fall 2011, and the residence halls were occupied November 18, 2012.
Standard amenities consist of:
- 1- and 2-bedroom suites
- Full kitchens on each floor
- Private bathrooms
- Wireless Internet
- Free laundry on each floor
- Resident assistants
- Computer labs
- Group study areas
- Large-screen TV in common room
- Built to LEED® specifications
- Energy efficient
- Geothermal heating and cooling