What makes the Upper Iowa University campus great? Experience it for yourself during a campus visit, and then you'll know. Immerse yourself in all the sensational learning and living environments on campus.
SEE the results of nearly $100 million invested on campus, including new suite style residence halls, a new student center, the new Harms-Eischeid Football Stadium and new academic buildings.
HEAR about all UIU has to offer from faculty, staff, alumni – and students just like you.
SMELL the unique aroma of every changing season in the Iowa air.
TASTE some palate-pleasers in the new Student Center, which dishes up everything from comfort food to your own combination of flavors cooked on our Mongolian Grill, the only one on campus in the region.
TOUCH pieces of history – 155 years in the making – and pieces of your future!
What's in it for me?
Glad you asked! We want you to help celebrate the 155th anniversary of UIU, and we're giving the party gifts to you!
- We'll pay for your hotel (one night for you and your parent/guardian during your visit)
- We'll pay for your gas (value of gas card based on mileage to Fayette)
- We'll pick up the tab for a meal (try out that food we've been bragging about)
- We'll give you a free evaluation of your transfer credits before you leave campus (why wait?)
- And we'll give you a one-time special Happy 155th Anniversary bonus (a $500 grant toward tuition, valid if you apply, are accepted, and attend classes in Fall 2013
You know that we want to make this easy for you, so we can pick you up at the airport if you need to fly in for your visit; and we can even offer you an overnight or a Saturday visit.
Register now for your customized visit between September 1, 2012, and July 31, 2013, to quality for all giveaways. Remember to be eligible you must pre-register and come to campus with a parent or guardian.
For more information, call us at 800-553-4150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Do group visits count?
Sure. We'd love to have you attend a group visit day, and if you meet all the criteria, you will still receive the gifts.
2012-13 Visit Days
March 22 (Transfer Students)
April 19 (Juniors)
What are the criteria to receive the special gifts for visiting campus?
We'd love to have you drop by campus any time, but because the customized visit experience requires advance preparation, we do need you to follow 3 simple rules:
- Pre-register for your customized visit or for a visit day
- Attend with your parent or guardian
- Visit between September 1, 2012, and July 31, 2013
What will I do during my customized visit?
That really depends on you and your interests. We will build the day around what you want to major in, what you like to do, and who you'd like to speak with during your visit to campus. Once you sign up for a visit, we'll call you to work out the details.
Generally speaking, every visit will include a visit with a faculty member in your field, current UIU students, and even some alumni. And let's not forget the campus tour.
How do I get to Fayette?
For directions, maps, and information about Fayette, Fayette County and Northeast Iowa, click here.