The Upper Iowa University (UIU) Office of Career Development staff is ready to assist you in your efforts to connect with UIU students and alumni. We are available for consultation and assistance in setting up internships, strategizing recruiter postings, and providing additional career-related resources. We would like the recruiting process at UIU to be beneficial for all those involved. Please let us know how we can assist you and your organization.
There are a variety of services available for you to utilize:
- Post jobs (full-time, part-time, temporary, seasonal), internships and review resumes
- Connect with students and alumni seeking opportunities via our NACElink Peacock Career Network Recruiting System
- Peacock Career Network is part of the NACElink Network, an alliance between the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), DirectEmployers Association, and Symplicity Corporation, is a national recruiting network and suite of web based recruiting and career services automation tools serving the needs of colleges, employers and job candidates.
- On-Campus* Recruiting
- Participate in internship and career fairs (forthcoming: Fall 2013 Internship & Volunteer Fair)
- Host an information table in the Student Center (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Conduct informational meetings and/or recruiter-hosted lunches
- Request on-campus interview schedules
- Make classroom visits (by prior arrangement)
- *Fayette campus; other locations/educational centers are possible as well
Click here to view our recruiter resources.
Any on-campus recruiting must be done with prior approval and permission from Upper Iowa University Career Development staff and/or other designated staff. Due to certain limitations and Upper Iowa University policies, not all requests can be granted. Please review our Recruiter Guidelines.
Career Development is located on the Fayette campus in the Student Center, 2nd floor (223) (building #16 on this campus map). Also, visit this site for directions and maps to the Fayette campus and our educational centers.
Speaking or Event Participation
The Office of Career Development provides several programs for students that involve in-person participation by employers and organizations. Workshop presentation and other event opportunities are available.
Use this form to get connected with the Office of Career Development.
Employer/Organization Sponsorship of the Office of Career Development
On occasion, there are sponsorship programs for employers or organizations to contribute financially to the programming efforts of Office of Career Development (e.g. refreshments, supplies). In exchange for this financial support, the business or organization will benefit by receiving additional marketing and publicity opportunities on campus.
Upper Iowa University highly values feedback from employers and other professionals in the industry regarding hiring criteria, trends, and expectations of graduating students. The information you provide is used as a tool to enhance the Office of Career Development’s performance, cultivate career education into course studies and prepare students for the global workforce. Please take a few moments to complete this employer survey. The information you provide is strictly confidential. Your participation is greatly appreciated; thank you very much.
Connect with the Upper Iowa University Office of Career Development
Click here to contact us!