Future Freshmen: Admission Process
Overwhelmed by the admissions process? Don't be! Upper Iowa University (UIU) has made a conscious effort to make the admissions process as smooth as possible for you. A little time and a few simple steps can have you accepted to UIU and awarded one of our prestigious merit scholarships in no time. Check out the steps below to learn how you can earn your acceptance and scholarship today:
- Apply. After your application is received, your Admission Counselor will call you.
- Have your high school's Guidance Counselor send your transcripts and ACT score to Upper Iowa University.
- Consider visiting campus and experience what it is like being a college student at UIU. You will eat in the cafeteria, meet with a professor and tour our beautiful campus.
- Once we receive your application, transcript and ACT score, your file will be reviewed and an admission decision will be made.
- Upon acceptance you will receive an official acceptance letter and a letter explaining which merit scholarship you received.
- Reserve your spot in one of our fabulous residence halls by paying a $250 deposit.
- The final step in the admission process is attending one of our Orientation and Registration Days (OAR Days). This one day event will allow you to register for classes and learn everything there is to know about UIU!