Seven UIU student-athletes ranked individually
FAYETTE, Iowa (January 10, 2008) - The Upper Iowa University (UIU) wrestling program is ranked # 7 in the latest NCAA Division II Wrestling Coaches' Association's (NWCA) Top 20 poll. The Peacocks received 111 points to take the spot.
Seven UIU student-athletes were ranked individually as well:
• Junior Tyler Mumbulo remained steady at #5 in the 125 pound class.
• Junior Jacob Pedersen continued to climb to #4 at 133 pounds.
• Senior Tee Adams locked into the #3 spot at 149 pounds.
• Sophomore Travis Eggers is ranked #8 at 157 pounds.
• Sophomore Mitch Norton held fast to the #5 ranking at 165 pounds.
• Senior Brady Hakeman moved up two spots to #5 at 174 pounds.
• Senior Dan Goodson improved a notch to #3 at Heavyweight.
For more details on this story, go to http://upperiowaathletics.cstv.com/.
UPCOMING WRESTLING EVENTS:
NWCA/Cliff Keen National Duals in Cedar Falls, Iowa at the UNI-Dome, this weekend.
The next three Sundays, beginning Jan. 20 in Dorman Gym in Fayette, Upper Iowa will host U-Mary, Augustana, and #4 Minnesota State, respectively. All three matches will begin at 2 p.m.
Upper Iowa University will host the 2008 NCAA Division II National Championships at the U.S. Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on
March 14 and 15, 2008.
Director of Sports Communication Services
Upper Iowa University
Fayette, IA 52142