Having a blast in the UIU Homecoming parade are (from left) Jenn Herrick, Troy Blackburn, Melissa Mueller holding a picture of king Jon Kluever and queen Jessica Eastman.
FAYETTE, Iowa (October 5, 2012) – The weather was warm, the sun was shining and hundreds of people flocked to Fayette, Iowa, last weekend for three days of events to celebrate Upper Iowa University's 2012 Homecoming.
Jon Kluever, a senior majoring in management from Mosinee, Wis., was crowned Homecoming king Friday, September 28, while Jessica Eastman, Winnemucca, Nev., senior majoring in exercise and sports medicine, was crowned queen.
There were several contests and events for students to participate in throughout the week. Winners are as follows:
- 'Paint the Town' window painting – 1. UIU Communications Club; 2. Phi Beta Delta; 3. Pep Band.
- Sidewalk chalk contest on campus – 1. International Student Association; 2. Music Club; 3. Phi Beta Delta.
- Parade-community entries – 1. Fayette Community Church; 2. Rainbow Land Daycare & Preschool; 3. Northwestern Mutual.
- Parade-student entries – 1.UIU Women's Basketball; 2. Peacocks for Progress; 3. Global Marketing Club.
- 'Pride Cry' competition – 1. Kappa Zeta Tau; 2. Gamma Delta Phi.
About Upper Iowa University
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs and leadership development opportunities to about 6,200 students–nationally and internationally–at its Fayette campus and learning centers worldwide. Upper Iowa University is a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including online and independent study. For more information, visit www.uiu.edu.
Monica Bayer Heaton
Executive Director of Communications and Marketing