Requirements for Admission
To apply for admission, the minimum requirement is graduation from an accredited public or private high school, or completion of a GED equivalent. Upper Iowa University reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who does not meet its standards for admission.
Make arrangements to have the following documents sent directly to the Self-Paced Degree Program or Online Program, whichever you are planning to attend. Once admitted, you make take courses from either program.
1. Official transcripts from each college and university you previously attended. Official transcripts documenting experiential learning (for example, CLEP or DSST score reports) may also be submitted. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the granting institution. They must not pass through your hands.
2. A copy of your high school diploma or transcript (or GED Equivalent) if you have earned college credit, or an official high school transcript if you have not previously earned college credit.
3. Veterans - an application for veterans' benefits or change of place of training form and a copy of the DD214.
4. Active duty military and reservists - an official copy of your Joint Service Transcript (JST).
5. Experiential Learning documentation should be submitted only after an initial evaluation is completed, upon registering for at least one course through UIU, and after discussion of your individual degree plan with your academic advisor.
Non-Degree Seeking Learner
A learner working toward a degree at another college or university may enroll for courses at Upper Iowa University as a non-degree seeking learner by indicating transient status on the Application for Admission. Learners planning to transfer credits out of Upper Iowa University will want to contact the admission office of the receiving school to determine transferability. If your receiving school is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC), you may use the course transferability tables found in the SOC handbook. The maximum number of credits a transient learner may earn is 30. The application fee may apply to non-degree seeking applicants. Learners classified as non-degree seeking are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Application for Admission
Apply for admission by completing the appropriate web form on our secure server. Note: Not all forms are available for online submission.
Application fees, where necessary, can be paid with either a Visa or MasterCard credit card.
Select the link below to begin your Associate's or Bachelor's Degree: