Upper Iowa opened the Blackhawk Center at Blackhawk Technical College in Janesville, WI, in 1994 and serves about 175 students with courses leading to eight majors. Many of the courses are taught by full-time UIU faculty members and others are taught by adjunct faculty who draw on their practical experiences in the field. Courses are offered during six eight-week terms. Some shorter courses may be offered. Watch the Bulletin Board on this page for local postings.
c/o Blackhawk Technical College
6004 S. County Road G.
Janesville, WI 53547-5009
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday
View Larger Map
You can get information on any of the following majors from the UIU-Blackhawk Center. Some are available at the center and others are available as online courses. Many students blend their degree plan, by taking some face-to-face courses and some online courses. Check with your Academic Advisor for more details about any of these programs.
- Art Administration
- Communication Studies
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Forensics/Criminalistics (NEW)
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Psychology (NEW)
Social Work Training Certificate (SWTC)
- UIU offers the courses required by the State of Wisconsin, and the internship program, as part of the Human Services, Psychology or Criminal Justice degree programs.
- Students can take the SWTC courses as part of their degree plan, or as non-degree seeking students.
Master Degrees (online only)
2015 - 16 Academic Year
- Term 1 (August 24, 2015 - October 18, 2015)
- Term 2 (October 19, 2015 - December 13, 2015)
- Term 3 (January 4, 2016 - February 28, 2016)
- Term 4 (February 29, 2016 - May 1, 2016)
- Term 5 (May 2, 2016 - June 26, 2016)
- Term 6 (June 27, 2016 - August 21, 2016)
Current Class Schedule
Tutoring services at the Blackhawk Center include Smarthinking.com which can be accessed via the Smarthinking link below, as well as general writing and math resources accessible via the Resources link. Please contact the Center director or administrative assistant at 608-754-7490 for more information.
Tutoring Svcs/Get Help Now | Resources | Library | Smarthinking | Technical Help | Student Success
Blackhawk Center Staff
Register for Courses
Request a Transcript
Check UIU Email
Military and Veterans’ Benefits
Other Helpful Links