The education and experience that I gained from Upper Iowa University allowed an easy, smooth, and rewarding transition from the US Navy to a full time position in the private sector. The curriculum, the faculty, and the students provided the environment to stimulate my learning. I am pleased to tell all that I am a Upper Iowa University graduate.
Lee Christofferson, B.S. 2006
You never have to wait very long to earn your college degree at the UIU-Elkhorn Center. Whether it's the first time in your life or you're coming back after 20 years, Upper Iowa University will work with you to fit college into your busy life.
The Upper Iowa University Center in Elkhorn, Wisconsin is one of two UIU centers in the area that also includes Milwaukee. UIU-Elkhorn also offers courses in Burlington and Racine. Our courses are taught by faculty who meet high academic standards and they draw from their practical experiences in the field.
Courses are offered during six eight-week terms.
2015 - 16 Academic Year
- Term 1 (August 24, 2015 - October 18, 2015)
- Term 2 (October 19, 2015 - December 13, 2015)
- Term 3 (January 4, 2016 - February 28, 2016)
- Term 4 (February 29, 2016 - May 1, 2016)
- Term 5 (May 2, 2016 - June 26, 2016)
- Term 6 (June 27, 2016 - August 21, 2016)
Please note that classes meet Monday-Friday from 5:30-10 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Current Course Schedule
Contact Upper Iowa University -- Elkhorn at:
c/o Gateway Technical College
400 County Road H
Elkhorn, WI 53121-2046
Or contact the UIU-Elkhorn Admissions Advisor Lynne Zygowski at 262-741-8454 or 262-619-7042, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can get information on any of the following majors from the UIU-Elkhorn Center. Some are available at the center and others are available as online courses. Many students blend their degree plan, by taking some face-to-face courses and some online courses. Check with your Academic Advisor for more details about any of these programs.
Associate of Arts
- Criminal Justice
- General Business
- Liberal Arts
- Art Administration
- Communication Studies
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Forensics/Criminalistics (NEW)
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Psychology (NEW)
Social Work Training Certificate (SWTC)
- UIU offers the courses required by the State of Wisconsin, and the internship program, as part of the Human Services, Psychology or Criminal Justice degree programs.
- Students can take the SWTC courses as part of their degree plan, or as non-degree seeking students.
Master Degrees (online only)