Welcome Working Mother readers!
Why choose UIU
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to approximately 6,000 students — both nationally and internationally — at our traditional campus in picturesque Fayette, Iowa; through our various Online degree programs; at our U.S. centers; through our Self-Paced Degree Program; and at our international centers.
Bachelor of Science degree with majors in:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Financial Management
- Health Services Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Human Services
- Management Information Systems
- Public Administration
- Social Science
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Higher Education Administration
Nationally regarded distance learning programs
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency
- Regionally accredited
- Open enrollment allows you to begin your degree during any term
- Flexible schedule for faster degree completion
- Maximum transfer of credits
The Self-Paced Degree Program is modeled after traditional correspondence learning. It is a paper/email based program that is specifically designed to make learning as flexible as possible. You may enroll in a course at any time and study at you own pace. Each course offers a six month enrollment period with no minimum time frame for completion of the course.
For those who prefer interaction with other students, the Online Program enables completion of courses in a virtual classroom environment. You can log on to your course at any time. Six eight weeks terms are offered each year. The Online Program is ranked in the top 10% of online programs nationwide by Online Education Database (OEDb).
UIU’s learning centers offer evening and weekend classes that provide students the convenience to pursue new opportunities. Our learning centers offer the perfect learning environment where students feel welcome and find a new commitment to pursuing academic goals.