Why choose UIU?
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to about 6,200 students — both nationally and internationally — at our traditional campus in picturesque Fayette, Iowa; online; and our centers in the US, Hong Kong, and Malaysia; and through our self-paced degree program.
The MBA is a forward-thinking curriculum providing students a perspective in leadership, functional department integration, ethical management and risk assessment. The program provides learners the opportunity to examine ethical and managerial issues in a respected learning environment supporting life-long learning.
The curriculum for the Master of Business Administration degree consists of 39 semester credits of graduate level course work with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for completion. At UIU, three semester credit courses are scheduled in six, eight week terms, each year.
Upper Iowa University's online MBA program is divided into three areas of concentration:
- The Core is completed by each MBA student. The curriculum is a forward thinking academic program developing comprehension and competence in financial risk, economics and change, innovation through sustainability, current legal implications, product improvement and market analysis. Students apply business theories and practice across all functional areas of an organization. Many courses include team work that prepares students to work in teams in the corporate world, a skill sought by many organizations.
- Each student chooses one of six areas of emphases:
Competencies in the specific emphasis areas are developed using a curriculum that combines theory and application giving the learner the knowledge and skills to assess business practices against theories and models, understand the creation of customer value and assess the impact of economic systems and regulations on functional responsibilities to develop leadership roles for sustainable business.
The Research Seminar is a capstone experience. The learner prepares a researched report demonstrating the integration of knowledge and skills learned in the emphasis and throughout the program.
- Corporate Financial Management
- General Management
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Development
Complete course description and degree requirements are available in the current Academic Extension catalog.
Upper Iowa is a nationally recognized leader in distance education serving over 3,000 degree-seeking students from around the world.
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Open enrollment so you can begin your degree during any term
- Flexible schedule for accelerated degree completion
- Asynchronous courses allow you to attend class anytime during the day or night
- Maximum transfer of credits; military, ACE, CLEP, DSST, and experiential learning
- Offer six, eight week terms each year
Learn More About Online Learning
Would you be a successful distance learning student? Online courses offer students opportunities to learn in new ways and makes learning available to many who cannot attend a traditional class. However, online courses are not for everybody, just as not every student is successful in traditional college classes. Discover what it takes to a successful online learner.
Online Program demo classroom
Our programs offer flexibility and convenience through a web-based platform that you can fit into your schedule. Our demo course can help you determine if online learning is a good fit for you.
You can request more information or contact us if you have questions at:
Upper Iowa University
PO Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142-1857
Direct phone: 563-425-5200 (daytime or after-hours voice mail)
Toll free phone: 800-553-4150 (daytime or after-hours voice mail)
Upper Iowa offers the MBA through the Online Program, at the Fayette Campus, Quad Cities Center, and Waterloo Center.