Why choose UIU
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to about 6,200 students — both nationally and internationally — at our traditional campus in picturesque Fayette, Iowa; through our various Online degree programs; at our U.S. centers; through our Self-Paced Degree Program; and at our international centers.
Graduate Programs offered completely online:
Master of Higher Education Administration (MHEA)
The MHEA degree is intended to provide learners with the opportunities to develop skill-sets and knowledge in areas specific to administration in higher education, leadership of staff, and management of funding, budgeting, and organizational process. Individual and group assignments combine textbook theory with real-world application. The program provides a balance of quantitative and qualitative studies. Emphasis areas available in Community and Technical College Administration and Leadership.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Upper Iowa University MBA degree provides graduates with current theories, concepts and learning models necessary to assume leadership roles in their organization. Students learn theories and applications related to managing businesses and functions in competitive environments. The program is designed to position graduates to make significant contributions to their organizations as competent leaders.
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
The UIU MPA program provides learners with the knowledge and skills needed to assume a leadership role and to improve administrative and managerial quality in government and non-profit organizations. UIU learners will be able to apply their analytical, communication, problem solving and research skills to the complex and often interconnected and interdisciplinary problems faced by mangers and leaders in government agencies and non-profit organizations.
Bachelor of Science degree with majors in:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Financial Management
- Health Services Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Human Services
- Management Information Systems
- Public Administration (emphasis areas - Fire Science, General, or Law Enforcement)
- Social Science.
Nationally regarded programs offered through Online, Learning centers in six states, and Self-Paced Degree.
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency for distance learning programs
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Open enrollment so you can begin your degree during any term
- Flexible schedule for accelerated degree completion
- Maximum transfer of credits; military, ACE, CLEP, DSST, and experiential learning