How do I get started?
UIU offers classes through three delivery methods: in the classroom for our Education Centers and Fayette Residential Campus, paper/email-based distance learning for the Independent Study Program and online for the Online Program.
Bring your credits with you...
UIU's academic advisors are available to help you make the most of your prior college credits and your life experience. We transfer up to 78 lower division credits and up to 90 total credits from accredited institutions. Our advisors will create a plan to help you complete your degree in the shortest time possible while still providing the knowledge you need to get ahead.
For members of the military family and those with corporate training, credit will be awarded according to ACE recommendations. CLEP and DSST credit for passing exams can be awarded and experiential learning credit is available for various work experiences.
Steps to take...
1. Complete an application using our secure server or download a copy of the application and mail or fax it to your program of choice.
2. Send in:
- All official college transcripts
- A copy of your high diploma or equivalency
- Official documentation of other awarded credit (CLEP, DSST, ACE - military or national guide)
3. If using Federal Financial Aid, fill out FAFSA or transfer your current Financial Aid to UIU.
4. Work with your advisor to complete the enrollment process.
Call or email us today to get more information or get in touch with an admissions advisor.