This major is designed for 5-12 individuals who plan to teach high school biology.
LOCATION: Main residential campus in Fayette, Iowa
The revised requirements for teacher licensure in Life Science have been submitted to the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners.
MAJOR IN LIFE SCIENCE
- (4) BIO 135 Principles of Biology I
- (4) BIO 140 Principles of Biology II
- (4) BIO 270 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- (4) BIO 275 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- (4) BIO 283 General Genetics
- (3) BIO 340 Evolution
- (3) BIO 381 Cell & Molecular Biology
- (2) BIO 499 Biotic Problems
- (4) CHEM 151 General Chemistry I
- (8) Electives in Biology (300 or above)
Total: 40 credits