What is it?
- UIU Alert is our new emergency communication system.
- Time-sensitive notifications are sent via voice messages, emails and text messages.
- UIU Alert provides a safer environment, enhances emergency preparedness and keeps our staff and students better informed.
- For each registered user, UIU Alert can deliver
- one prerecorded message to up to six phone numbers
- one email message
- one text message
- up to two family member phone numbers can also be registered by each student
How to Sign Up for UIU Alert
Update your phone numbers and email address on the UIU Alert registration form. Sign the form and return it to the Office of Student Development, lower level of Garbee Hall.
If you do not have a copy of the registration form, you may download a copy here.
Staff and Faculty
An email message was sent to each employee with their ID number and a link to the UIU Alert portal where contact information could be updated. Please refer to that email message or contact Tammy Carolan (firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 5337) for more information.
All personal information will be maintained in the strictest confidence.
At this time, UIU Alert registration is available only for Fayette Campus students and staff.
Important UIU Alert Notification Delivery Notes
- When you receive a call from UIU Alert, your caller ID will display "563-425-5200." When you receive a UIU Alert text message, your caller ID will display "23177." You may wish to save this number in your contact list as "UIU Alert."
- For emails, the email ID (sender) will be UIUAlert@uiu.edu
- When listening to a message, please be aware that background noise will cause the system to "stop and start." It is calibrated very delicately to determine whether a person or an answering machine has picked up the phone, and background noise may affect the delivery. If possible, move to a quiet area, or press the "mute" button on your phone.
- If you missed any part of the message, please stay on the line and press "*" (star) to hear the message again.