1. Where is the campus security office located?
In the Main Lobby of Garbee Hall.
2. How can I get a copy of an Incident Report?
You can download an Incident Report here.
3. Where can I pay a parking ticket?
University parking tickets can be paid in the Office of Student Development or in the Business Office.
4. How can I get in contact with other law enforcement agencies?
These numbers can be found in the Victim Services Assistance section.
5. What if my keys are locked in a vehicle?
Campus Security has tools to assist you unlock your vehicle. Stop by or call 425-5372.
6. Why can't we park on the north side of Garbee Hall when there are parking lines painted on the asphalt?
North side of Garbee Hall is the loading dock area for the food service, no vehicles are allowed to park there at any time. This area is also designated as a fire lane and must remain clear for emergency vehicles..
7. Where can we get visitor parking and temporary parking passes after the Office of Student Development is closed?
There are passes available in the Front Desk in the Main Lobby and from a Campus Security officer.
8. What if I lose my purse or billfold?
Be sure to to check in the Office of Student Development and the Front Desk of Garbee Hall for lost & found. For other assistance if you purse or billfold is lost, look under the Victim's Assistance page. This page will give you numbers for the local police, credit cards, area banks, calling cards, driver's license station and telephone services.
9. Where do I go if I lose my room and/or mailbox keys?
See the Director of Residence Life, Residence Area Coordinator or visit the Office of Student Development.
10. If I get a parking ticket and can't pay the fine by the due date, what can I do?
You can obtain a Parking Fine Waiver from Kari in the Office of Student Development.