Fayette County Economic Development
Fayette County ranks 13th in the Midwest and is a "Best Place to Live". Fayette County covers 720 square miles of prairie, farmland and scenic bluffs. This is a great place to build any business. We're convenient to transportation and wireless communication and there's a choice of five industrial parks - some 175 acres groomed for business growth. You and your employees will enjoy a great standard of living in Fayette County. Our school systems are great which is indicative by the fact that 83% of our graduates are college bound. Fayette County has a low crime rate and a low poverty rate. Our beautiful parks and array of outdoor recreational activities is endless. Come see how fantastic Fayette County is!
West Union & Chamber of Commerce
West Union and the Chamber of Commerce are involved in the second annual Quilt show as a part of their commitment to the community and surrounding area.
Join the Barn Quilts of Fayette County for their 2nd annual Quilt Show. All proceeds will be put toward funding the Fayette County Barn Quilt Project. This is project is entirely funded by donations, fundraising and volunteers. Come out and see the beautiful quilts on display.
Fayette & Chamber of Commerce
Maynard & Chamber of Commerce
Oelwein & Chamber of Commerce
Northeast Iowa Business Network
Northeast Iowa is a place where business opportunities abound. Existing businesses prosper in our growing entrepreneurial environment. Alumni return to a place where work and play co-exist in harmony. Find out what northeast Iowa can offer you.
The Northeast Iowa Business Network is an association of six counties in NE Iowa working together to promote business growth for new and existing businesses. We are hosting networking and training events, offering face to face consultation, and promoting NE Iowa as a business friendly place. We host Entrepreneur Clubs throughout the year in each county with workshops such as "Using Google Ads to Grow Your Business" and "Start Your eBay Business".
Contact your local economic development office to find out what resources are available to grow your business. Or go to our business calendar to find a class or networking event at www.northeastiowabusiness.com
Carolyn Corbin, Marketing Director
410 North Street
Decorah, Iowa 52101
Upper Explorerland Regional Planning Commission
Upper Explorerland has become recognized as an ideal vehicle for addressing
issues that require a regional perspective, obtaining over $145 million in
grant funds since its establishment in November, 1972. Centrally located in
Postville, the agency offers support to cities and counties by:
- Providing technical assistance, information resources, and administrative services for local infrastructure projects and community facility projects to make communities a better place to live
- Assisting with grants, providing loans, and local financing tools to develop and preserve quality, affordable housing
- Serving as the Economic Development District for the region to stimulate economic growth through comprehensive loan programs, assisting with business plans, and financial packaging structured to meet the size and needs of individual businesses
- Providing an extensive on-going cooperative planning effort to improve transportation needs of the area and assisting with regional transit planning to promote transit programs that further the development of the state's public transportation systems
- Providing training and support assistance to low-income individuals, dislocated workers, and youth through classroom, pre-employment and on-the-job training programs
- Providing assistance to low income families with decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private rental market
- Facilitating access to employment and services for Iowa job seekers with disabilities
- Providing technical assistance on land use planning, zoning, sub-division regulations, and local government financingProviding assistance in updating city ordinances and conducting requested needs assessments to determine local housing demand
- Providing information on historic preservation, recreation planning, downtown revitalization, and urban renewal special taxation districts.
Upper Explorerland Regional Planning Commission
134 West Greene Street, PO Box 219
Postville, IA 52162-0219
Phone: 563-864-7551 Fax: 563-864-7535
USDA Rural Development
Mission: "To increase economic opportunity and improve the quality of life for all rural Americans."
Rural Development is working to eliminate substandard housing from rural America by helping rural people buy, build or rent decent housing. We also create jobs by funding the growth and creation of rural businesses and cooperatives. In a typical year, Rural Development programs create or preserve more than 150,000 rural jobs, enable 40,000 to 50,000 rural Americans to buy homes and help 450,000 low-income rural people rent apartments or other housing.
Other Rural Development programs help rural communities build or improve community facilities, such as schools, health clinics and fire stations. We also have programs that help rural communities build or extend utilities, including water, electricity and telecommunications services.
Our assistance is provided in many ways, including direct or guaranteed loans, grants, technical assistance, research and educational materials. To accomplish our mission, USDA Rural Development often works in partnership with state, local and tribal governments, as well as rural businesses, cooperatives and nonprofit agencies.
Rural Development programs are delivered through our Utilities Programs, which address rural America's need for basic services such as clean running water, sewers and waste disposal, electricity, and telecommunications; our Housing Programs, which address rural America's need for single-family and multi-family housing as well as health facilities, fire and police stations, and other community facilities, and; our Business Programs, which provide help to rural areas that need to develop new job opportunities, allowing businesses and cooperatives to remain viable in a changing economy. We also have Community Development Programs that operate special initiatives to demonstrate effective community development techniques and address unique and pressing economic development issues.
USDA Rural Development State Office
210 Walnut Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Upper Iowa University
What can Upper Iowa University offer you? Everything. Whether you're looking for an on-campus community, educational centers near your home, or global access to online and independent study courses, we've got it. Pick from more than 40 majors, master's degrees, bachelor's degrees, associate degrees and undergraduate certificates in a variety of specialties. Fully accredited with more than 150 years of experience providing quality education, Upper Iowa is the University in your future.
Upper Iowa University
P.O. Box 1857
605 Washington Street
Fayette, Iowa 52142