Homecoming 2017 is set for October 26-28!
Each year we are excited to involve UIU students, faculty and staff, the Fayette community
and especially welcome back to campus our alumni. The Homecoming Committee is working diligently
to ensure this is the biggest and best Homecoming celebration yet. We hope to see
you in October.
All event details will be available before you know it. In the meantime, below is
the tentative 2017 schedule to give you an idea of the weekend activities.
Tentative Homecoming Itinerary:
- Pep Rally, Bonfire and Coronation - East of Victory Gate - Kick off your weekend with this Homecoming tradition, sure to energize you for a whole
weekend of Peacock fun.
- Tell Your UIU Story - Henderson-Wilder Library - Add your oral history to the UIU Archives by sharing stories of your time at UIU
and after graduation. The recording booth, near the check-out desk, is self-service.
To arrange an alternative time, contact UIU Archivist, Janette Garcia at 563-425-5722 or
- Alumni Welcome - Parker-Fox Hall, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Stop by the Alumni Office when you arrive on campus and sign the alumni guest book,
flip through old yearbooks, and take part in a campus tour if you'd like.
- UIU Homecoming Archives Display - Student Center, 2nd Floor - Take a walk down memory lane and view memorabilia from previous UIU Homecomings.
- Annual UIU Student Research Poster Session - Baker-Hebron Hall and the sustainability solarium in Garbee Hall, - Join the School of Science and Mathematics in viewing posters detailing the activities
and work of many of the school's undergraduates.
- Art Reception - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery, Edgar Fine Arts
- 5th Annual President's Ball - Student Center Ballroom, 6 p.m. - Join us for an evening of fun, friendship and fundraising at the President's Ball.
Guests may enjoy a cocktail reception at 5:30 p.m., with a dinner program and dancing
- Homecoming Parade - Downtown Fayette, 10 a.m. - This tradition is an alumni favorite. Make your way downtown and enjoy the parade
with your UIU family.
- Alumni Awards and Honor Class Event - Student Center Ballroom - This event will honor the classes of '47, '57, '67, '77, '92 and '07 as well as recognize
our distinguished 2017 Alumni Award recipients and Heritage Society Members. A special
gift will be presented to members of the 50-year class. Nominate someone for an Alumni Award.!
- UIU Homecoming Football Game - Harms-Eischeid Stadium
Throughout Homecoming week, UIU students will be hosting several events and activities.
Peacock Pride will be spread city and campus-wide as they partake in the following:
- Sunday - Student Fashion Show
- Monday - Fayette Campus and Downtown Window Painting Competition begins
- Tuesday - Powder Puff Day and Parade Float Building
- Wednesday - King & Queen Voting, Clubs and Greeks Sidewalk Chalk Challenge
For all the details on student activities, visit uiu.edu/getinvolved or facebook.com/UIUStudentActivities.
Additional Information & Resources:
(coffeehouse, gifts and UIU apparel)
|Located in downtown Fayette, Pavo Blue will be open:
Thursday and Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
||Several designated parking areas are available on campus.
UIU is proud of our beautiful facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you
make time to tour campus. For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you
may need to access our Fayette Campus Map.
Lodging, dining, directions and other travel information.
Please contact Upper Iowa University Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni
Development with questions or if you would like to volunteer during Homecoming. 563.425.5388
We look forward to seeing you at Homecoming 2017!