Homecoming 2017, October 26-28!
Each year we are excited to involve UIU students, faculty and staff, the Fayette community
and especially welcome back to campus our alumni. The Homecoming Committee is working diligently
to ensure this is the biggest and best Homecoming celebration yet. We hope to see
you in October.
All event details will be available before you know it. In the meantime, below is
the tentative 2017 schedule to give you an idea of the weekend activities.
Tentative Homecoming Itinerary:
Thursday, Oct. 26
- Peacock Kick-Off Dinner - Andres Atrium, 6 p.m. - This all-class reunion dinner is a perfect way to start your weekend. Guests may enjoy
a buffet style meal (cash bar), live acoustic music and a beautiful atmosphere on
central camps to reunite with fellow Peacocks. Cost is $15 per person.
- Pep Rally, Bonfire and Coronation - East of Victory Gate, 7:30 p.m. - Don't miss this Homecoming tradition, sure to energize you for a whole weekend of
- Art Show & Dessert Reception - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery, 8 p.m. - Amazing artwork, delectable desserts and fine wines....what's not to love? You
will be wowed by the collection of artwork on display featuring UIU alumni artists
who have all graduated within the last 10 years. Desserts are complimentary; cash
bar will be available.
Friday, Oct. 27
- Annual UIU Student Research Poster Session - Baker-Hebron Hall and the sustainability solarium in Garbee Hall, - Join the School of Science and Mathematics in viewing posters detailing the activities
and work of many of the school's undergraduates.
- Alumni Bean Bag Tournament - Downtown Fayette, 12 p.m. - More details coming soon!
- Women's Soccer - Pattison Field, 3 p.m. - Cheer on the Peacock ladies as they take on Minnesota
- President's Masquerade Ball - Student Center Ballroom, 5:30 p.m. - Join us for an evening of fun, friendship and fundraising at the 5th Annual President's
Ball. Guests may enjoy a cocktail reception at 5:30 p.m., with a dinner program and
dancing to follow. Masks will be provided for this elegant affair! Tickets are $85/person
now or $100 after September 15. More details are available at uiu.edu/presidentsball.
Saturday, Oct. 28
- Homecoming Parade - Downtown Fayette, 10 a.m. - This tradition is an alumni favorite. Make your way downtown and enjoy the parade
with your UIU family. Click here to submit a parade entry form.
- Alumni Awards and Honor Class Event - Student Center Ballroom, 11 a.m. - This event will honor the classes of '47, '57, '67, '77, '92 and '07 as well as recognize
our distinguished 2017 Alumni Award recipients and Heritage Society Members. A special
gift will be presented to members of the 50-year class. Registration begins at 11
a.m., lunch program will follow at 11:30 a.m.
- UIU Homecoming Football Game - Harms-Eischeid Stadium, 2:07 p.m.
- Post-Game Bash - Downtown Fayette, 6 p.m. - Let's celebrate a Peacock victory downtown! Enjoy live
music, street dance (and Halloween costume contest), food vendors and one last chance
to hang with your Peacock family.
Throughout Homecoming week, UIU students will be hosting several events and activities.
Peacock Pride will be spread city and campus-wide as they partake in the following:
- Sunday - Student Fashion Show
- Monday - Fayette Campus and Downtown Window Painting Competition begins
- Tuesday - Powder Puff Day and Parade Float Building
- Wednesday - King & Queen Voting, Clubs and Greeks Sidewalk Chalk Challenge
For all the details on student activities, visit uiu.edu/getinvolved or facebook.com/UIUStudentActivities.
- Alumni Welcome - Parker-Fox Hall - Stop by the Alumni Office when you arrive on campus and sign the alumni guest book,
flip through old yearbooks, and take part in a campus tour if you'd like.
- Tell Your UIU Story - Henderson-Wilder Library - Add your oral history to the UIU Archives by sharing stories of your time at UIU
and after graduation. The recording booth, near the check-out desk, is self-service.
To arrange an alternative time, contact UIU Archivist, Janette Garcia at 563-425-5722 or
- Art Reception - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery - This year's artist showcase will feature young alumni,
in a "where are they now" special exhibit. All UIU alumni artists who will have work
on display have graduated within the last 10 years.
- UIU Homecoming Archives Display - Student Center, 2nd Floor - Take a walk down memory lane and view memorabilia from previous UIU Homecomings.
Additional Information & Resources:
(coffeehouse, gifts and UIU apparel)
|Located in downtown Fayette, Pavo Blue will be open:
Thursday and Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
||Several designated parking areas are available on campus.
UIU is proud of our beautiful facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you
make time to tour campus. For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you
may need to access our Fayette Campus Map.
Lodging, dining, directions and other travel information.
Please contact Upper Iowa University Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni
Development with questions or if you would like to volunteer during Homecoming. 563.425.5388
We look forward to seeing you at Homecoming 2017!