Why choose UIU?
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to approximately 6,000 students — both nationally and internationally — at our traditional campus in picturesque Fayette, Iowa; through our various online degree programs; at our U.S. centers; through our self-paced degree program; and at our international centers.
Associate of Arts Degrees
- Criminal Justice
- General Business
- Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Arts Degrees
Bachelor of Science Degrees
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
(Des Moines, Quad Cities, Waterloo; Online)
- Corporate Financial Management
- Human Resources Management\
- Organizational Development
Master of Education (MEd)
(Des Moines and Waterloo; Online)
- Early Childhood
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Instructional Strategist (Special Education)
- Teacher Leadership (New)
(ONLY MEd emphasis available online)
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Emergency Management/Homeland Security
- General Study
- Government Administration
- Health and Human Services
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Public Management
Graduate Teacher Education Courses
Post Graduate Certificates
- Accounting (NEW)
- Corporate Financial Management (NEW)
- Human Resources Management (NEW)
- Organizational Development (NEW)
Not all majors are offered face-to-face at all UIU locations. Students may blend face-to-face courses with online courses to complete their UIU degree plan. Check with your admissions advisor for more details.
Nationally regarded distance learning programs
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency
- Regionally accredited
- Open enrollment so you can begin your degree during any term
- Flexible schedule for faster degree completion
- Maximum transfer of credits; military, ACE, CLEP, DSST, and experiential learning
The Self-Paced Degree Program is modeled after traditional correspondence learning. It is a paper/email based Self-Paced Degree Program specifically designed to make learning as flexible as possible. You may enroll in a course at any time and study at you own pace. Each course offers a six month enrollment period with no minimum time frame for completion of the course.
For those who prefer interaction with other students, the Online Degree Program enables completion of courses in a virtual classroom environment. You can log on to your course at any time. Six eight weeks terms are offered each year.
UIU’s learning centers offer evening and weekend classes that provide students the convenience to pursue new opportunities. Our learning centers offer the perfect learning environment where students feel welcome and find a new commitment to pursuing academic goals.
Kum & Go is part of the Corporate Advantage Program. As an employee of Kum & Go, you will receive a set discount on the current tuition rate at UIU. The discount is also applicable to your spouse and any dependent children until they reach age 26. The application fee is also waived. The application fee is also waived.