Borrower Entrance Counseling | Master Promissory Note (MPN) | NetPartner | Student Loan Game Plan
Loan funds must be repaid, with interest. It is important to borrow wisely.
Steps to determining if you need to borrow student loan funds:
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete the UIU acceptance process.
- Complete your financial aid file, submitting any documents that may be needed to determine your financial aid eligibility. Once your eligibility has been determined, you will receive an award notice via email, directing you to NetPartner.
- View your award information via NetPartner and determine what funds you will need to accept.
Use the formula below to determine if you need to borrow student loan funds to assist with your educational expenses.
Payment options that may be available to assist with your remaining need:
- Personal Contributions and/or personal savings
- Payment Arrangements
You will need to speak with your locations of attendance or the Business Office to make payment arrangements.
- Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loans
Steps to Complete When Borrowing Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loan Funds
- Accept the loans via NetPartner.
- Complete the Borrower Entrance Counseling.
- Complete the Direct Loan Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Parent PLUS Loan
This is credit-based loan available to parents of dependent students only. PLUS Loan eligibility will be shown in NetPartner.
Steps to complete if a parent wishes to pursue the Parent PLUS Loan.
- Accept the PLUS Loan via NetPartner.
- The parent (borrower) will need to complete the Request a Direct Plus Loan.
- The parent (borrower) will need to complete the Parent PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- If you are in need of additional assistance in meeting your educational expenses, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-800-553-4150 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Below is a playlist of videos produced by the U.S. Department of Education's office of Federal Student Aid. Watch one or all of them for helpful information and tips on responsible borrowing and repayment.
How to Manage
Your Student Loans
What to Expect