Honors Program: Syllabi of Current and Past Courses
- Fall I—Honors First-Year Seminar (HON 100)
- Fall 2012, Co-taught by Dr. Eric Eller, Associate Professor of International Business,
and Dr. Katrina Farren-Eller, Assistant Professor of English
- Fall II—Honors Arts & Humanities (HON 110)
- Fall 2012, Co-taught by Dr. John Grummel, Assistant Professor of Political Science,
and Dr. Roland Vazquez, Associate Professor of Anthropology
- Fall 2013, Co-taught by Dr. Doug McReynolds, Bissell Professor of English, and Dr.
Sarahh Scher, Assistant Professor of Art
- Spring I—Honors Behavioral Science (HON 120)
- Spring 2013, Co-taught by Dr. Sarahh Scher, Assistant Professor of Art History, and
Dr. Steffanie Scholze, Assistant Professor of Psychology.
- Spring II—Honors Natural Science (HON 130)
- Spring 2013, Co-taught by Dr. Jeff Butikofer, Associate Professor of Environmental
Science, and Dr. Rick Klann, Professor of Biology
Sophomore Year (tentative)
- One required course per semester.
- One optional, elective, service learning travel course during May term
Junior and Senior Years (tentative)
- Working on a interdisciplinary project under the guidance of at least two professors
from different disciplines, culminating in a Senior Symposium presentation of the
completed project to the UIU community.