Admission Criteria and Transfer Credit
Application deadlines will be established prior to each start date. All materials
must be received and fully approved by this date to be considered for admission to
the nursing program.
Upper Iowa University’s RN to BSN Program utilizes an online application. The application
procedure for admission to the RN to BSN Program is as follows:
- An application packet must be completed and submitted by:
- clicking on the following link and submitting your application online
- select the “continue” button below the Undergraduate heading and complete all sections
- please note, on page 5, number 1, from the drop down menu, select Nursing xxx for
the location/program you would like to attend. For example if you would like the
nursing program in Des Moines, you would select Nursing-Des Moines
- Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) applicants, please do not complete the application
until after you have been notified of admission to the cooperating Associate Degree
- You may begin your studies at the time that works best for you. The online program
offers starts in August, January, and May. Our Hybrid locations offer a fall (August)
start only. The CEP offers starts in fall and spring. Most elective courses required
for graduation may be taken at any time.
- Admission Criteria
- RN-BSN (Non CEP)
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in state of attendance, or compact state if
- Completed application form found by clicking “apply now” button at www.uiu.edu/nursing.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Evidence of current CPR certification View Student Instructions for CastleBranch.com.
- Evidence of meeting current health and immunization requirements. View Student Instructions for CastleBranch.com.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges attended
- Completed background check. View Student Instructions for CastleBranch.com.
- CEP – refer to the current informational brochure at the community or technical college
offering the CEP program. Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
- A decision of acceptance to the RN-BSN program will be made by the Nursing Department
Chair upon meeting admission criteria. Notification of acceptance will be sent to
all applicants via email.
Upper Iowa University accepts transfer credit from accredited community colleges and
four-year colleges and universities. Students may transfer up to 78 lower division
credits. They may also transfer up to 12 upper division credits from a four-year college
or university. Each student's transcript will be evaluated on an individual basis
to determine which credits will transfer.
For more information:
Submit our online inquiry form or contact us directly.