||Delano Professor of Science
Off ice: Baker-Hebron 206
"Upper Iowa University has always had a strong biology department with faculty dedicated
to student success. We offer students a level of personal attention that is rarely
achieved by other institutions."
B.A. in Biology: Westminster College
M.A. and Ph.D. Biology: University of Missouri
Postdoctoral work: Southern Methodist University
- HON 130 Life in the Universe
- BIO 2XX General Zoology
- BIO 230 Invertebrate Zoology
- BIO 315 Ichthyology
- BIO 330 Vertebrate Histology
- BIO 352 Parasitology
- BIO 370 Pathophysiology
- BIO 371 Pathophysiology Lab
- BIO 393 Herpetology
- BIO 435 Fisheries Management
- BIO 490 Entomology
- American Society of Parasitologists
- Helminthological Society of Washington
- Annual Midwestern Conference of Parasitologists
- Iowa Academy of Science
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Klann, R. and J. Platts. 2003. An Assessment of Water Quality in Ensign Hollow, Clayton
and Fayette Counties, in Northeast Iowa. Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science 110
- Hawks, S. and R. Klann. 1997. Helminth Infections of Raptors Rehabilitated in Iowa. Journal
of the Iowa Academy of Science 104 (2):47-49.
- Klann, R. and B. Hellyer. 1995. Survey of Hematozoa and Intestinal Helminths Infecting Green-winged
teal in Guthrie County, Iowa. Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science 102 (1-2):22-23.
- Maquoketa River Alliance. Maquoketa River tributaries water quality monitoring.
- Bremer Soil and Water Conservation District. Crane Creek and Buck Creek water quality monitoring. 2010-2013.
- Fayette Soil and Water Conservation District. Otter Creek water quality monitoring.
- Fayette Soil and Water Conservation District. Nutting Creek water quality monitoring.
- Fayette Soil and Water Conservation District. Mink Creek water quality monitoring.
- Fayette Soil and Water Conservation District. Grannis Creek water quality monitoring.
- Clayton Soil and Water Conservation District. Ensign Hollow water quality monitoring.